Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Nice Legs, Shorts and Climate Change

This morning on the train I saw a man in shorts. He had nice legs and I was staring at them when I looked up and realized that he caught me staring. We both smiled then I got embarrassed and looked away.

I started thinking about how it's almost November and it's warm enough to wear shorts. It's supposed to be 75 degrees today. And it's humid. And I'm hot. And there are a lot of people who still deny climate change. In fact, there are a lot of people who still deny that the average temperature is increasing even though every year seems to be at or near a record high temperature since we started keeping records. Or that every year there is less and less arctic ice covering the Arctic Ocean in September.

Maybe we don't know everything there is to know about climate change yet. Maybe we'll make some mistakes in figuring it out. It's like a big jig saw puzzle. We seem to have the border pieces put together, now we're trying to figure out how all the interior pieces fit. People who think the puzzle picture will be a bright, sunny day either are clueless, stupid or they have their head in the sand.

There's a storm coming. Or maybe it's a prolonged drought. Either way, I hope everyone is prepared for the years ahead.

1 comment:

Ty said...

Second fucking day of tornado warnings here. It feels like June. I want the A/C on.

I'm wearing shorts.

This planet's cashed.


WV: exterol - for when you're, you know, blocked-up.